Cheryl's Microwaved Lemon Cake with Lemon Frosting

I was trying to come up with a cake for my kids to make in college that was quick and easy and that actually tasted decent! After a little experimenting, I came up with a winner. It literally took about 5 Minutes to Prepare and Cook. So if you have a hankering for Mom's lemon cake, but don't have the 2-3 hours to make it, try this quicky version :-)

INGREDIENTS

Cake:
1/2 C. Betty Crocker SuperMoist Lemon Cake Mix
1/3 C. water

Frosting:
1/2 C. powdered sugar
2 tsp. butter, softened
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. milk

NOTE: Betty Crocker cake mixes work the best in the microwave from what I tested. I would stick with that.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Information for my Microwaved Lemon Cake

DIRECTIONS

In a microwave-safe cereal bowl, combine the cake mix with the water. Stir for one minute. Microwave on high for 95 seconds (check your microwave as some cook faster than others).


Take out of microwave and set aside.


In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, and milk. Stir with a wire whisk until creamy. Gently spread on cake and serve. You may wait a bit longer until it cools completely or eat right away. Cut into four pieces for a 162 calorie treat.



Greg, Brent, and Lindsey tried it and LOVED IT! Try it out and let me know what you think! I will probably come up with other variations. I'll put this recipe in our upcoming family cookbook.

Comments

ALLRED FAMILY said…
oooh, that looks delicious! I'm not in college anymore, but I'm so going to try it!
Cheryl J. said…
LOL...It really is amazingly good Anna. I think I'll add a strawberry shortcake version :-)I am working on a ward cookbook (and family one) so I've got recipes on my brain.
sarah said…
Cheryl -- I am looking for your email address. Could you send it to me? splewe1@cox.net

Thanks!
NYCJD said…
Hey Che!
I just thought I would let you know this recipe works in a paper bowl too...that's all we have left in our mostly packed apartment. The cake was a great moving treat. Thanks!
jen
Cheryl J. said…
LOL..I made a bunch of chocolate versions in paper bowls trying to come up with the eventual winners (frosting)

--Chocolate with Buttercream Frosting
--Chocolate with Chocolate Fudge Frosting

Recipes to come in our Family Cookbook :-)