10 lbs. Down, 20 (or 30--in my dreams) To Go

I have waited to post about my weight loss status until I hit what I consider a mini-milestone :-) Yep, this morning I finally hit the 10 pounds lost mark...well, 10.2 pounds to be exact :-) I have been on my latest weight loss journey since November 1, 2008. I might have done better if we didn't have all those eating holidays (including my birthday) these past 2 1/2 months LOL. I'm now about at the weight I got down to a few years ago when on Weight Watchers, but I lost this a lot easier than I did back then. I'm now at the weight I got up to with my first pregnancy (how depressing, but better than that weight plus the 16 more pounds I had on my body at my top weight). I would love to lose 30 more pounds, but that may be unrealistic for my age (47). Losing 20 more lbs. may be a better goal.

Here's a picture of me today (no photoshopping, no high heels, no taking the picture with good angles--I even wore trouser-style pants as opposed to tighter pants with a nicer line to not make myself look better haha). I'm humiliating myself in public by posting on my blog in hopes it will help me as I work towards my goal.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep it up! You are amazing.
NYCmom said…
You're doing so great! I always admire you and your efforts to stay in shape. And I am so amazed at all you're putting up with for this remodel. I'm so excited to see it all done. I love the table and Brooke's room! Keep the updates coming.
Cheryl J. said…
Ahhh...Thanks Rebbie and Jen! Your comments made me feel so good :-)
Missty said…
You look awwesome! Keep up the good work. Are you doing a certain diet or just watching what your eating? I am being more careful about my eating. Now to incorporate more exercise!
ALLRED FAMILY said…
Go for the 30 lbs! You can totally do it. I'm working too, trying to get fit from my second pregnancy. I'll do it with you!
Anonymous said…
Ten pounds is much more than it seems - finding the motivation, getting started, staying started (my personal problem), and continuing even when there was a lapse or two (who made calories count on holidays and birthdays anyway!).

For all the time I've been "stalking" online, I've always thought you looked great. To steal a quote from Martina McBride; ". . .You're beautiful the way you are. ." But we each know inside, even when it doesn't show on the outside, when something is not right. I encourage you to lose as much weight as makes you comfortable with yourself and healthy for your body so that you can enjoy your family to the fullest! I think of that last part everyday because I lost my Mom (estentially because of Type 2 Diabetes) way too early. You'd think that would make it easier for me to lose my weight; but being the complicated beings we are, it doesn't.

You have a cheerleader in Arizona! Your new friend, (hopefully I can lose the "stalker" part now!), Michele : )
Cheryl J. said…
Thanks again everyone! I am pretty much just eating less. My exercise has been non-existent the last week due to the workmen (and no doors on my bedroom/bathroom--I've had to shower before they get here).

PS to Michele: You have now officially been moved up to "friend" status as opposed to stalker LOL :-)
Kim said…
on from eating BANANAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
Ive been doing it for a week now.. I didnt do a starting weight... but just the eating habit was a much needed change.