Cibola Boys Take STATE in Track!

I'm too tired to write a big long post but wanted to let everyone know that Brent's Cibola Boys Track team won 1st in state for the first time EVER. In fact, it's been 25 LONG years since any Cibola Boys Sports team has won a state title in ANY sport. We beat the second place team, Rio Rancho, by something like 45 points :-)

Brent won two first place medals (4x200 relay and 4x400 relay). They barely lost second place, coming in third, in the 4x1oo relay BUT actually broke a school record with their time. I think they broke Cibola school records in all three of his relays :-) He also came in 5th in the 400m race (he looked a bit tired in that race). Pictures to come!

Comments

NYCmom said…
Way to go Brent! That's so awesome! Yes...I know it's late (2 AM) but I wanted to see if the results were up before I nod back off to sleep...before Kate wakes me up again! :) Congratulations! I wish we could be there.